Boiled Eggs & spicy smashed avocado
Enjoy a spicy smashed avocado & boiled egg English muffin
Time 10 mins
Time 15 mins
Time 25 mins
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Medium Sized Ripe Avocado
- 60g Lighter Soft Cheese
- 2 English Muffins
- Chilli Flakes to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fill a medium sized saucepan with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Try to make sure your eggs aren’t fridge cold. By having the eggs at room temperature, it will be less of a shock for the egg reaching the hot water and therefore less likely to crack. Slowly lower the eggs into the water using a slatted spoon.
- Set your timer for 5-6 mins for runny or 8-9 mins for hard-boiled eggs. When the timer goes off, put the eggs into a bowl of cold water – this will stop them cooking and cool the shells quickly for peeling.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking, peel the avocado, cut the flesh into chunks and put in a bowl. Using a fork, squash the avocado chunks, adding chilli flakes to taste.
- Cut the English muffins in half, spread the soft cheese on each of the halves and equally divide the smashed avocado across the 4 halves.
- Peel the boiled eggs, placing one egg on top of each half. Crack some black pepper on top to taste.